Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The Coat Room

This blog thing is really an excuse for me to start writing again, and to see what happens, if people read it. An experiment in the Marshall McLuhan concept of the universe.

but I also figure I may as well plug myself and my cronies while I'm at it.

I produced an independent feature film in Philadelphia over the winter months called "The Coat Room", which is currently in the editing stage. The screenplay was written by my boyfriend Patrick who also starred in the thing and is currently in Portland, Oregon recording the soundtrack, which he also wrote (save a few gems by a 19 yr old prodigy crazy girl named Desi). Please Check out all the links.

The film itself is about a 20-something guy on his first day of work at the Philadelphia Art Museum. His relationship with his girlfriend has gone sour, and he meets a borderline personality girl co-worker who he begins to fall in love with. Lots of drugs/alchohol/lesbian kissing and all around funny satirical bits on post-college life. basically.

I designed and built the sets, was the entire wardrobe department (when there was a wardrobe budget for about 10 minutes) and moonlighted as "assistant director of photography" on days when me and Jason (the director) made up the entire crew. I also had a bit role as the annoying girlfriend (typecast) since we couldn't find a real actress to do it. i have a sex scene which is slightly insane to me now that I think about it. Cleavage like you wouldn't believe. It's hard for me to watch.

I grew up in theatre, as my father was a theatre director for 25 years, and it left an indellible impression on my life. Enough so that post-art school it remains a work environment I am drawn to, and film is a natural leap for me.

Patrick and i have a new screenplay written set in Cape May, New Jersey, the town from which my bloodline hails and we are looking for funding/and or a director/production company. My real dream would be to direct the thing, but as i have no preivous directorial experience, it may be difficult finding a backer. Otherwise I may just try to save money and do it on my own.

A critics premier for The Coat Room is scheduled for late April/ early May in Philadelphia, PA, and from there the film gets submitted to the Toronto Film Festival and the rest of the Majors and mini-majors as the deadlines come up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweeet sweeeeet sweet sweet sweet jesus. I went back recently. Lights the same. Same folks. Some young enthusiasm. I wanted to drink the river again.

9:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home