Wednesday, March 01, 2006

one step closer

Anyone who follows this blog probably knows I've been working on filming a trailer for a contemporary western indie feature I want to make. well this past weekend I finally got to say "thats a wrap" and am officially moving into the editing phase.

needless to say i spent more money on the damned thing than i wanted to (welcome to the movies, right?) but every penny was definitely worth it. I shot it on the brand spanking new panasonic HVX-200 HD camera and was the first narrative production in Portland to use it.

As soon as I find my digital camera in this wreck of a post-production house I shall post a few photos. But here is the outline of the crazy shit that went down the last few weekends on location in Portland OR, Toppenish WA, and Maupin (or at least thats the closest town) OR.

A) 4 am call time first day of shooting cuz we were shooting in a bar. 2 hr break and we drove 3 hrs to Washington and all got lost along the way.
B) Car crash right next to us b/c people were staring at us instead of driving.
C) got owner of a laundromat's permission to graffiti the building if we painted over it.
D) police nearly arrested Jen my producer and Efrem, one of grip guys, for vandalism while i was off the set for 45 minutes.
E) right before we left mexican gangsters whose graffiti was right next to ours came by a threatened us to get out of THEIR town.
F) We were shooting scenes with horses and I, dumbass that I am attempted to ride a broken wild mustang having never ridden a horse before and it took off with me with only one foot in the stirrup and so I fell and barely missed getting kicked in the head or knocking my head on large sharp rocks. but i got back on later that day.

thats the short version.

Screenings of the finished product will be held at Sabbalahs and The Know at the end of the month in Portland OR. along with a sweet lineup of bands that include my personal favorites- Party Country, The Disaster, and lots more...No dates have been finalized. Trust me when I say, I will keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home